Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hello! How are you? It’s nice to meet you

G’day! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Carly. My husband and I are moving to Tasmania on the Queen’s Birthday weekend for three years (hence the blog title). While we’re there, we plan to see and do everything there is to see and do. We’ll be setting off with the 4WD and the roof top tent to discover what’s off the beaten track.

We’ll be living in Hobart so we’ll also be making the most of proximity to great restaurants, the Salamanca markets (I’m so excited about them!!) and access to fresh, locally grown produce. I’ve found a place online where I can order beef delivered to my door from Tasmanian farms ~ can’t wait to try that out once I’m there.

I’ve heard that Barilla Bay Oysters is a must, the restaurant at Peppermint Bay is apparently divine and cooking lessons at the Agrarian Kitchen are a great splurge (might have to save up for that one!). I’ll be writing about all our experiences and posting lots of photos, so bookmark this page and come back and visit.

2 comments:

  1. Why only for 3 years? I've just read back through this blog, and I can't believe you'll be ready to leave then! Welcome, and enjoy your new home. (Even though you chose the wrong side of the Derwent. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) We're here for a term transfer for my husband's job, so we have to leave at the end of the three years. And despite loving Tassie, I am not sure I like living on an island. I know it's a big one, but I think I am a mainlander at heart.

      Delete